Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Invictus


I was reminded of this poem the other day after something happened in the office. Its sad though i only remembered it AFTER things were done. So i promised myself that ill never push aside all the things i learned aside anymore. I have to trust the things i know. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do and shall always do. Picture by Darkspirit from devianart.

Invictus by William Ernest Hensley

Out of the darkness that covers me,
black as a pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be,
For my unconquerable soul.

Under the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud,
and under the bludgeoning of chance,
my head is bloodied but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of years,
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

No matter how straight the gate,
or how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my Fate,
I am the captain of my Soul.

End


No comments: