Sunday, May 17, 2009

Short Story Pt. 4


I looked around waiting for sumone who was suppose to meet me like half an hour ago. Getting anxious, the movies starting in 15 minutes and i dont see him anywhere. I turned to my phone wanting to see if there were any messages. Nada, Zip, Zilch nothing... Then suddenly out of the blue i heard the voice

"Zir?? Huzir???" I looked up to see a familiar face.
"Ain???" i said unsure.
"Yeah!!!! oh my god I have not seen you in ages!!" she said excited.
"Yeah, its been years ago right?" I said recalling a faint memory.
"Yeah, you look good.." She said as she ran her hands down my arm.

The moment she touched the skin of my hand. There was an awkward silence. Words after words from her letter screaming in incoherently making sentences that did not make sense. Like a puzzle finally being done, I remembered the words.

"Its not that I dont love you or i never loved you... its just that i love him more..."

All the warmth that we shared suddenly is reminded from a touch together with all the sorrow and the deaths of everything. I looked at her as she looked at me through those aging eyes behind a sophisticated frame-less glasses. She sensed the awkwardness that ensued our exciting re-union. Then she said -

"evidently not long enough..."

Over the years I had composed lines and lines of words as weapons when i finally see her, over the years, those lines were erased and substituted by other sentences. Words of love and care. Just then i heard a voice behind me.

"Dad? Im sorry im late. there was a long line at the barber."
"Huzaifah, come here boy, there's someone i want you to meet." I said to the spiky haired 18 year-old
"This is aunty Ain, she was a good friend of mine in college..."
"Its nice to meet you aunty.... dad we're gonna be late, ill run for the popcorn ok? Its in cinema 3 ok?" He said rushing of like he was six to play with his friends.

"thats your son?" she said
"Yeah... Huzaifah...."
"He looks like you..." I turned and smiled....
"I should go now... it was nice seeing you..."
" it was nice seeing you too..." she said as i walked towards the boy of my life, as he ushered me to walk faster. My son. And i left her there, and in no circumstances, i made it clear, that if we were to meet, it will be purely coincidental.

"So how did you know aunty Ain?" My son asked as we were seating down.
"He married your uncle Khairul...."


THE END

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh sweet! =)

Reply: Making kenwooi a brand? haha.. never cross my mind before.. why that question?

Hanafee said...

Well kenwooi simply because we used to have this other blog which was had a very catchy title and we thought it would be cool to brand it and market it heeheh

`narumi said...

uit... ade blog baru x habaq. ish3... mati2 igt da pencen dari blogger's world da hahaha..

youramoi said...

eh,ade cite previous?
huhu
macam best jew

Sabrina said...

manje, awak boleh try click kat kategori "cerita pendek",

kat situ boleh baca previous stories from hanafee.

happy reading!

*smiles*