Saturday, January 19, 2008

Expectation and Survival


I know... I know you didn’t wake up this morning expecting this was how your Saturday was gonna go. You thought you’d get loving messages in the morning and feel better; instead you read trivial messages and felt numb. You can bitch and complain about it, or you can adjust your expectations. ‘Cause like it or not, you are stuck with me and I’m the kind of person who is liberal and obviously I don’t think like you do. Oh! Plus, when I woke up this morning, I thought today was gonna go a lot differently too. I thought I was gonna get to see a glow at the end of the tunnel. Instead, I get stuck with the darkness! So I'll have to adjust my expectations as well.

And I believe we will survive this. I believe, I believe, I... I believe in the good. I believe that it's been a hell of a year and I believe that, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that we will be okay. I believe a lot of things. I believe that... I believe that you is always with me... And I believe there are times when hiding things are the best option when it comes to preventing arguments. And I believe that we are individuals that made a terrible mistake giving a gift away/back and I believe that because we are each other’s best friend we can tell each other this and we can be okay. I believe that even though we made this mistake we will be okay. I believe we survive. I believe that believing we survive... is what makes us survive.

No comments: