Thursday, December 7, 2006

somewhere

Somewhere between the *procrastination* and the homework..


and the incessant forwards
and the friendships and the calls
to each other complaining about CrUsHeS and
BF/GF!! Somewhere between the phone calls to old
friends and the "I miss you's", the "I love you's" and
the "What are we doing tonight's?" And somewhere
between all of the changing and growing...
somewhere between the classes and the skipping
classes...and the StUdYiNg for teStS...And the
PRETENDING to "StUdY" for TeStS...
And the downright NOT StUdYiNg for TeStS...


I forgot--I forgot what ScHooL was all about.
Somewhere between all the appointments, starbuck coffee,
and Mc Donald's... paying bills and then not paying bills...
Making plans then breaking plans... Appearing, Disappearing,
then reappearing... I forgot--I forgot what it was like to cry.
I forgot that pretending to be happy doesn't make you
happy... And that pretending to
be SmArT doesn't make you smart .. I forgot
that you can't just forget the past in
fear of the FUTURE... I forgot that you
can't control falling in LoVe..
And that you can't make yourself fall in *LoVe*
.... I learned that I can LOVE... I
learned that it's okay to MEsS UP....
And it's okay to ask for HELP!!!.. And it's
okay to feel like crap... I learned it's okay to cOmPLaiN
and wHINe to all your friends for a whole day........
I learned that sometimes the things you want
most you just can't have and the things that
you look for are right in front of you.
I learned that the greatest thing about
HiGh ScHOoL and CoLLeGe and the working world
it isn't about the parties or the
DRiNKiNG or the Hookups ...
It's the *FrIeNdShIpS*, which means taking chances.


I learned that sometimes the things we want to forget
are the things which we most need to talk about...
I learned that TIME and LOVE can heal all things...
I learned that just when you think it can't get worse - it does! ...
but with the love and support of friends - you survive...
I've learned that when you start feeling BaD
about L O S I N G touch and about those that you've lost!
They too, are feeling the same way....
I learned that letters from friends are the
most important things. And that sending cards to your
friends makes you feel better! But, basically, I just learned
that my friends........ Both old and new..... are the most important
people to me in the world AND.......without them, I wouldn't be who

I am today.....
So this is a THANK YOU to all of my friends...

For always being there. And even if we're not on good terms
or we have lost touch... I will always have an unconditional
love for you.. ~Always and forever ~

No comments: